Intermediate Municipal/Stormwater Management Engineer
Jubilee Engineering is well known within the public and private sectors for our expertise, and we have become a workplace of choice for engineering professionals looking for a busy and dynamic workplace with a range of opportunities for growth and development. We look for talented, hard-working individuals to join and contribute to our team.
As an intermediate municipal engineer specializing in Stormwater Management, you will be responsible for stormwater management design, report writing, stormwater modelling, and more. This is a broad position which will also provide opportunities for meeting clients and developing relationships with the City of Calgary and other firms.
Your skills and qualifications
Our preferred candidate will be a university graduate with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Civil or Municipal Engineering. This position requires 2-5 years of relevant work experience, and some practical experience in municipal/civil engineering, drafting, and design. Please note that Stormwater Management experience is a prerequisite for this position.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and strengths:
- Registered, or eligible to qualify, with APEGA as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng)
- Thoroughly versed in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with stormwater modelling programs, such as SWMHYMO, QUALHYMO, XPSWMM, Water Balance Spreadsheet for the City of Calgary (WBSCC)
- Familiarity with local standards, guidelines, and approval process
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with others
- Committed to ongoing personal and professional development
Responsibilities include the following:
- Work alongside senior engineers to plan and design municipal infrastructure, including water distribution, sanitary and storm sewer systems
- Modelling, design, and writing for stormwater management plans and reports
- Writing and analyses for erosion and sediment control reports, sanitary servicing studies, and noise analysis reports
- Design and prepare Development Site Servicing Plans
- Assist in manager projects, administering contracts, and controlling budgets
Rewards of this position include competitive compensation with full benefits, a generous bonus program, considerable independence and the opportunity to gain valuable experience with industry experts and to advance your career.
Should you wish to apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency inquiries please. Please do not apply for this position if you have not graduated from a civil engineering program.